Travel Grants for Faculty and Graduate Students
The Ali Vural Ak Center for Global Islamic Studies is pleased to announce the availability of travel grants for the professional development of its faculty and graduate students. Grants can be used for domestic and international travel for presentation of papers or other types of conference participation. Priority will be given to presentations and activities leading to publication.
- All George Mason University faculty (excluding adjunct and visiting faculty) and graduate students working on topics relating to Islam or Muslim societies
- Faculty are expected to obtain funding to attend major disciplinary conferences (e.g. American Academy of Religion, AHA, ISA, etc.) through their home departments. Center travel support is for more specialized conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Travel grants must be utilized for the specific event applied for, and within one academic year of award.
Amount: Funding is limited to $1,000 for domestic conferences and $2,000 for international conferences.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter that states the significance of the academic event in the applicant’s respective field and the benefit to be gained for professional development.
- Information about the academic event that includes a letter of acceptance, an abstract of the paper to be presented, and the program, if available.
- A current CV
- Itemized estimate of the costs to be reimbursed.
Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
Application materials should be submitted to: Ann Birkelbach, Asst. Director, Ali Vural Ak Center for Global Islamic Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.